|Date Posted||November 21, 2020|
Health Jobs in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Applications are invited from qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll the following position in the Medical Department, Bank of Uganda;
JOB TITLE: Medical Laboratory Technician
JOB REFERENCE: MD6.03
REPORTS TO: HEAD CLINICAL DIVISION
To provide quality and timely Laboratory reports for treatment and prevention of diseases by conducting medical laboratory investigations cost effectively and safely. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collect samples of blood and other body ﬂuids for analysis.
• Analyze samples of blood and other body ﬂuids using various techniques and procedures and report ﬁndings to clinicians.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
• Protect patients/clients by adhering to infection control and safe disposal of hazardous waste.
• Participate in both Internal and External Quality Control.
• Participate in ordering of Laboratory supplies.
• Producing laboratory reports/records and monthly reports.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, from a reputable institution.
• Must be registered with Allied Health Professional Council.
• Must have a valid Annual Practicing License.
• Minimum of ﬁve (5) years working experience in a clinical laboratory from a recognized institution.
AGE: A minimum of 30 years and maximum of 40 years as at the date of the close of the advertisement. Candidates should have been born on or after 4th December 1980 but not later 4th December 1990.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment and techniques of Medical laboratory technology.
• Equipment maintenance.
• Analyzing samples & lab information.
• Organization of lab workﬂows interpretation and reporting of lab observations.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Ofﬁce elements.
• Skills in both verbal and written communication.
• Good Interpersonal skills.
• Good work ethics.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Salary and Beneﬁts for these positions are generous and attractive.
All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment link on the BOU website ( https://www.bou.or.ug/bou/bouwebsite/Careers/Available-Vacancies/ ) A User guide labelled Bank of Uganda l-Recruitment Instructions is available on the BOU website.
Please take note of the following;
• Management reserves the right to terminate applicants found with concealed or falsiﬁed information and academic credentials.
• Candidates MUST use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format as their Curriculum Vitae format. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae Format other than the mentioned BoU Curriculum Vitae format shall be disqualiﬁed. The Curriculum vitae: should contain names of 3(three) referees and their contacts.
• Candidates MUST attach scanned certiﬁed copies of academic credentials and professional training certiﬁcates.
The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb.
Multiple documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached.
To reach NOT later than Friday 4th December 2020.